Dear patients, family, and friends,
We understand that we play a vital role in the health of our community and want to serve the people who need us when it is necessary. Your health and safety are always our top priority. Given current events regarding the COV-19 outbreak that is affecting our community, we are making changes to our office procedures to help stop the spread of the virus. We want to be here for our patients in need of care, but at the same time need to create social distance to prevent virus transmission.
Steps we are taking to create social distancing
As you may already know, we have a large office space, so keeping people away from each other is no problem. However, in an abundance of caution, we are also taking these steps:
- Staff that can work from home will work from home.
- We will schedule appointments, so patients are spaced with no more than 2 people in the waiting room at once and at least 6 feet apart.
- There will be no sign-in sheet at the front desk. We will sign you in.
- Upon entering and leaving the office, we will ask everyone to please wash their hands.
- As it always has been, your visit will be one-on-one with the doctor.
- Following each visit, we will disinfect everything in the office that has been contacted.
- We have reinforced proper cleanliness, sanitizing, and hand washing among our staff and staff members have been told to stay home if they are not feeling well.
Dr. LaRuffa, our Physical Therapist John Scott and our staff have always disinfected treatment tables and washed their hands after each patient encounter. However, these additional procedures of social distancing will be followed until no longer deemed necessary by the CDC and Florida Department of Health.
If you are showing signs of being sick, such as coughing, fever, or just feeling under the weather, please do not come to the office. Call our office to postpone your appointment and to discuss what your treatment options are. We may be able to help advise you remotely. Together we can all get through this unprecedented time. We will post updates on our website drlaruffa.com as details have been evolving quickly.
Be well everyone and thank you for your continued support!
Sincerely, Dr. LaRuffa, John Scott, Stevi, Iris A, Randy