Ways a Chiropractor Can Help with Joint Pain
posted: Jul. 28, 2023.
Life is busy – and it’s something we all want to enjoy. Unfortunately, joint pain gets in the way for many people. From making it difficult to open a jar of jelly to making work an impossible task, joint pain can disrupt daily activities. Fortunately, there is help and hope in the form of chiropractic care. Our team at LaRuffa Chiropractic & Sports Rehab in Jupiter is here to share how chiropractic care can make a difference.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain is often associated with age-related issues, but there are actually many causes. Some of the most common include:
• Injuries, such as falls
• Bursitis, which is inflammation of the cushioned sacs surrounding the joints
• Tendonitis, which causes inflammation in the tendons
• Arthritis, which is often due to age but can also result from genetics and infections
• Gout, caused by a build-up of uric acid in the blood
• Fibromyalgia, causing tenderness and pain throughout the musculoskeletal system
How a Chiropractor Can Help
There are several methods through which a chiropractor can help, including the following:
• Adjustments and manipulation: These restore alignment to the joints and help improve range of motion.
• Soft tissue therapy: From massage therapy to ultrasound therapy, a chiropractor can penetrate the soft tissue of the joint to fight inflammation, reduce pain, and improve movement.
• Therapeutic exercises: Chiropractors can recommend and guide you through specific stretches and movements that not only combat inflammation and pain but also strengthen the joints and improve blood flow.
• Nutritional guidance: Food has the ability to do many things for the body, including fighting inflammation and empowering the body to heal. Chiropractors can recommend specific nutrients that can naturally relieve joint pain.
Find Joint Pain Relief in Jupiter, FL
If you’re suffering from joint pain, our team at LaRuffa Chiropractic & Sports Rehab can develop a customized plan to help you achieve relief. Call (561) 745-1002 to schedule your appointment today.