Common Questions about Neck Pain Relief
posted: Nov. 11, 2021.
At La Ruffa Chiropractic & Sports Rehab, neck pain is one of the most common conditions we treat. With nearly 30% of Americans experiencing neck pain every year, it’s easy to see why most patients usually seek chiropractic services for neck pain relief. Here are a few common questions we receive about neck pain and how our chiropractor can help.
Why is my neck hurting?
There are many causes of neck pain. The most common ones include:
- Whiplash: If you are involved in an impact that causes your neck to suddenly jolt back and forth, you may suffer from a whiplash injury. Symptoms of whiplash include headaches, dizziness, and pain and stiffness in the neck.
- Traumatic injuries Sports, slip and falls, and car accidents can cause neck pain
- Poor posture: Sitting in an awkward position for too long can place excessive stress on the neck, causing pain.
- Text neck: Leaning forward while staring at your phone or other digital screens may cause neck pain and headaches.
- Medical conditions: Conditions affecting your cervical bones, nerves, and tendons will cause neck pain. For instance, osteoarthritis causes wear and tear of the joints, causing pain and stiffness.
What are the symptoms of neck pain?
Pain is a common symptom of neck-related issues. Other symptoms include stiffness and tenderness in and around the neck. Also, headaches, sleep disruption, depression, and numbness are symptoms of neck pain.
How can a chiropractor relieve neck pain?
If you are suffering from neck pain, seeking chiropractic care is the best place to start. Our chiropractor uses non-invasive methods to treat pain. We offer a wide range of services to ensure each patient receives treatment that’s personalized for their unique needs. Our chiropractor uses hands-on adjustments to manipulate the cervical spine, helping to realign the vertebrae. This technique lifts pressure off the nerves, relieving pain. Massage therapy relaxes tense muscles while neck exercises reduce neck pain, improve mobility, and boost the resilience of your neck muscles against future injuries. Lifestyle counseling may also be necessary if your everyday activities contribute to your neck pain.
Visit Us for Neck Pain Relief from Our Chiropractor in Jupiter, FL
If you have recently been in an auto accident or noticed neck-related issues, don’t hesitate to contact us for a professional assessment. Our chiropractors are dedicated to providing our patients the care they need to alleviate their pain and prevent it from reoccurring. If you are looking for a “chiropractor near me,” Contact La Ruffa Chiropractic & Sports Rehab in Jupiter today to schedule your first consultation or to learn more about how we can help.